DGM2740 Principles of Web Languages
This course was built by Dr. Paul Cheney for the Digital Media Department at UVU
Unit11 PHP Include
- Build a multi-page website using PHP includes for all the common areas
- Implement Google Analytics for this website.
In this unit you will combine all the previous pages into a single site and replace the common parts with PHP includes. In addition you will sign up for Google analytics and include the code in the header.php of your site.
All videos listed below are available on UDEMY
- Watch Overview of Using PHP to Build Multiple Page Websites
- Watch Overview of Completed HTML5 Template
- Watch Breaking up an HTML5 Template into Multiple Pieces 1
- Watch Using Dreamweaver to Build the PHP Files
- Watch Activating the Menu using jQuery
- Watch Breaking up an HTML5 Template into Multiple Pieces 2
- Watch Activating the Menu using pure CSS
- Watch Adding Analytics Code to your Website
- Read how to activate the current menu using jQuery by Jessie
- Read how to set the current menu state with CSS
Answer the following Questions based on reading the aqua book and turn it in to Canvas.
- Chapter 1 - Convince a client why they should redo their site for mobile (one page minimum)
- Chapter 2 - What are some of the constraints we are back under as a result of mobile?
- Chapter 3 - What are some uses of phone technology you see beyond what Luke describes in his book.
View the html file prior to breaking it up into multiple php files.
View an example of a menu being activated with JQuery
View an example of a menu being activated with CSS